1. The Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC) – set up by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA), Government of India, in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and has recently – launched its India Corporate Internship initiative at the OIFC Indian Diaspora Business Meet during the Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Los Angeles.
2. The India Corporate Internship initiative has brought together 23 top Indian Corporates like Apollo Hospitals, Blue Star, Flipkart, Forbes Marshall, Godrej, Infosys, Kirlosker Brothers, TATA Chemicals, TATA Consultancy Services, TATA International, TATA Trust, Trent, Wipro, etc., to offer over 60 short-term (2-6 months) paid internships to students of Indian Origin from top international Universities.
3. The initiative offers an opportunity for Overseas Indian students to experience the global work culture of top Indian companies, work in a multicultural environment and connect with their roots in India.It will offer a platform for Diaspora students to enhance their profile value through challenging projects.
4. Students will have an option of working in diverse sectors like Aerodynamics, Automotive, Banking & financial services, Healthcare, Incubation centres for Indian start-ups, IT (software & services), Manufacturing (heavy engineering, consumer durables, infrastructure, etc.), Power (distribution & systems), Retail & e-commerce, Social Enterprises, etc.
5. The objective of the initiative is to expose Indian Diaspora students to opportunities in one of the fastest growing economies of the world and the large dynamic market of India.
6. A part of OIFC’s India Connect Initiatives & Programmes for Overseas Indians, this initiative is aimed at students of Indian Origin pursuing Post Graduate Programmes in Management, Engineering and Science & Technology. The internships will begin in summer of 2016.
7. For details, please follow the following web links:
8. For more information and clarifications on the internship programme, Ms.CharuMathur may please be approached at the following contact details:
Chief Executive Officer Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC) 249-F, Sector 18, UdyogVihar Phase IV Gurgaon 122015 (Haryana), India Email:
email@example.com/Kabir.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com Tel:
9. We would be grateful if you could kindly disseminate the above information to all concerned through your group.
With best regards,
Vijai Kumar First Secretary Embassy of India Stockholm – Sweden Mobile: 00 46 768982764